Five shooting incidents, three wounded
STOCKTON — Three people were shot in two separate incidents Saturday night and Sunday morning, and there were two additional shootings in which no injuries were reported, according to the Stockton Police Department.
Here’s a look at what happened:
• Officers responded to a report of shots fired in the 400 block of South California Street at 7:20 p.m. Saturday. By the time officers arrived, the suspects had fled.
Police said further investigation revealed that the individuals had been fighting at nearby Gleason Park, and that one of the suspects retrieved a gun from his car and began firing at the others.
Those suspects then returned fire, at which time all of the suspects fled in separate vehicles. One vehicle was struck by gunfire, but no victims have made themselves known. Police said they are looking for four men ranging in age from 20 to 40 years old.
• Officers responded to a report of shots fired at Commerce Street and Mosswood Avenue about 11:21 p.m. Saturday. They found shell casings in the street when they arrived.
Within minutes, two gunshot victims were dropped off at a hospital. The men said they had been in a vehicle at Commerce and Mosswood when they were shot. Both were expected to survive, police said.
• At 2 a.m. Sunday, a woman was in her residence in the 700 block of Edan Avenue when she heard two men talking, followed by the sound of breaking glass, police said.
The victim looked outside to see what was happening and realized her home had been struck by gunfire, police said. The woman told police she did not see who had been outside and could not provide any suspect description.
• Officers were dispatched to a report of shots fired in the 1900 block of Comstock Drive about 2:45 a.m. Sunday. Upon arrival, the officers said they made contact with three subjects in the area where the shots had been heard. The subjects were on probation, and a subsequent search led to the discovery of a handgun in their vehicle. Two of the subjects were released. Police arrested Osaka Thy, 27, on weapons charges.
• About 3:13 a.m. Sunday, police received a report of a person shot at North Aurora and Channel streets. Officers arrived to find the adult male victim down in the street.
The victim had gunshot wounds to his stomach and arm, and was transported to a local hospital for treatment. Police said two witnesses at the scene were unable to provide any details about what had happened.